If you are on a journey to living a happier life, it is important to practice self-care. Spirituality is one of the seven pillars of self-care, so it is important to not neglect this facet of life. Whether you are religious or not, everyone can implement these ideas in their own lives.
As the creator of the Choose Happiness Blog, Ryder Cambron is all about inspiring people to have a more positive mindset and enjoy the simple things in life. Spiritual self-care is all about connecting to a deep sense of purpose in life, living by your values, and feeling connected to something outside of yourself.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Take time to consider your values and belief system. Write it all out in a journal and reflect on why you believe in the things that you do.
- Spend time out in nature. It sounds simple, but it is good for your mental health and helps you feel like you are part of the bigger picture of life.
- If you are a religious person, consider attending your place of worship on a regular basis and diving more into your faith. Connect with others who share your faith with you.
- Find books, podcasts, movies, etc that inspire you. Often this is in the form of true stories or biographies of people that you look up to so you can learn about their story and reflect on your own life.
- Are you holding onto any past grudges? One of the most powerful things we can do for ourselves is to forgive others.