A couple of weeks ago, we talked about the 7 pillars of self-care and a basic overview of what they all mean. Each pillar works together to improve your mental health and general well-being, and today we’re going to take a deep dive into one of those pillars.
As the creator of the Choose Happiness blog, Ryder Cambron is a positivy blogger who hopes to inspire others to appreciate the little things in life. Read on to learn more about mental self-care ideas.
Mental self-care, also known as intellectual self-care, is all about nurturing your curiosity and working on your overall mindset. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Practice being more mindful while you go about your day, and take the extra time to notice the world around you and how you feel.
- Research a subject that interests you.
- Try something that you have never done before, such as exploring a different city or taking up a new hobby.
- Try journaling to get all of your thoughts and feelings out on paper.
- Keep a notebook with you to write down all of the creative ideas that run through your brain.
- Try doing something creative like drawing or creative writing – don’t worry about whether or not you’re good at it, it’s just for fun!
- Try meditating – if you’re new to meditation, you can always listen to a guided meditation. Yoga is also a great way to combine physical fitness with meditation.
Leave a Reply